Thursday, April 3, 2008

Footballers and dopeheads.

Two strange ones today.

I spent a while listneing in again, didn't take any calls as we were strapped for time. However we had a minor server outage and ended up getting calls for our higher value debt department as well as our own. No difference in procedures, splitting them just makes it easier to gather statistics.

Let's begin.

"Good afternoon, can i take an account number please."

"Yup, it's 12345678"

"Excellent, and now can I take your name."

"Sure, it's Mr Jones calling on behalf of XXX Football Club"

"That's fine, how can I help?"

Hang on....back up there, which club was he calling from? I stare at the screen and sure enough, he's caling on the behalf of a 2nd division football club....a multi million pound team! Wow...

The call ends and we wait for another one to come in when I hear another trainee next to me exclaim. "Oh my god!"

I look over to ask what's up and see the debt on their account, over £9000, used in only 3 months.

"How in the world did they get that much?"

The advisr taking the call grinned and called up a note on the account.

"Customer has been arrested after meter reader called and found a marijuana farm in the property, customer had over 50 600 watt lamps, fans and timers running. Please contact letting agency XXX for further issues."

We laughed ourselves silly for a few minutes.

"What a dope, surely he'd realise we'd think something was wrong..."

My colleagues are laughing again.

"What?"

"What a dope?" one grins.

"Up yours."

No comments: