Monday, April 28, 2008

No Means No!

I have heard so many variations of this today i just want to begin my spiel with "No matter how much you whine, beg or threaten I do not have the ability to re-set your payment plan unless you make a payment."

If someone has been on a payment plan with us before to pay off a debt and failed it once then we're fine with that, we may try to get some sort of initial payment from them but we aren't very strict.

However once you've failed three times we get a bit fed up, OK, so there are a lot of perfectly valid reasons why someone may fail three times but most of the time they just flat out don't want to pay.

When we tell customers this they completely lose it and insist that we can override it. I have news for every one of you! No we can't. The system locks us out until a payment is taken or it's overridden by a senior manager, who are as elusive as any other mythical creature.

Also, reporting us to the energy ombudsman is not going to help you, they approved every millimeter of our debt collection process.

So, quit threatening to sue me! It's not my fault. And to the guy who said my mother should have aborted me...burn in hell.

No comments: