Saturday, April 26, 2008

Prepayment woes.

Like I said, Fridays are the carnival of the weird. This customer one one of the entitled people who thinks the world should bow down to them.

"Good morning and welcome to PowerCorp, drone speaking, can i take your account number."

"Uh, sure, it's 12345678"

"Thank you. Right, I'm showing an outstanding balance of £234.56, how can I help?"

"Um, yeah, I wanted to know where it came from because i have a prepay meter."

"OK, i see you've left supply with us and moved to another company right?"

"yeah"

"OK, prepay meters are programmed with the cost of a unit of electricity, if the prices change the meter isn't updated, costs have risen so they've calculated how much you've under-paid and have now charged you for that."

" You can't do that! It's illegal!"

This is something we get a lot, I'll never understand why people think that something which is clearly stated in their contract which is issued by one of the largest power companies in the UK can be illegal.

"I'm afraid it isn't sir."

"Well I'm not paying it! I don't owe that!"

"I'm afraid you do sir."

"But how did i get a debt when I'm on a prepay meter?"

Huh? I honestly thought he'd grasped it the first time round.

"Well sir, prepay meters aren't updated automatically so wh...."

"That's not my fault! I'm not paying!"

"But sir..."

"I'm not paying what i don't owe!"

"But sir, if you'll let me explain..."

"You're not explaining anything all you're doing is lying! I'll sue you all!" BANG....

Well I hope he broke his phone hanging up like that...he certainly broke my hearing for a few seconds.

No comments: